The Gene-Calc is a constantly developed tool dedicated to calculations related to biological sciences, especially focused in the field of genetics. Application offers:
- testing of compliance with the Hardy-Weinberg model
- tests from the chi-square family with coefficients of correlation, for contingency tables of any size
- determination of Polymorphic Information Content (PIC) and Heterozygosity (H) values based on both codominant and dominant markers
- estimation of genetic distance
- sequences tools (module provide a full connection with the NCBI database)
- Hardy-Weinberg calculator for multiallelic loci.
- Tool to examine similarity between sets of genes (all vs all), with heatmap and dendrogram [code of basic functional version available].
- Tool to examine compliance with the Gaussian distribution [code of basic functional version available].
New techniques of lab work generate large result data, which are impossible to analyse without using bioinformatic solutions. Commercially available tools could be hard to use for beginners and what is the most important - expensive. On the other hand noncommercial apps often are imperfect. The aim of our work is to create a full free app with lack of restrictions.
Our team is created by students of polish universities of technology, keen on looking for solutions to scientific problems.
How to cite this page:
Bińkowski J., Miks S., (2018, September). Gene-Calc [Computer software]. Available from: www.gene-calc.pl.